Monday, January 15, 2007

Family day in a winter yard

While Rob shovelled the driveway this afternoon I made a tobbogan run for Katie in the back yard. The snow drifts from last weeks blizzard were already about 4 feet high just off the deck so I added a bit more snow and groomed a saucer run out into the yard. It was cool! The snow is quite dry and doesnt pack very well so it was tough making stairs for Katie to get up the hill but in true kid style she struggled up with her saucer and then giggled the whole way down the other side. Jersey of course had to get in on the action and chased the saucer where ever it went.
Rob went into the house after a while to start dinner and made a coffee for me and pink milk for Katie which he passed out the kitchen window to us - nice to have that window opening onto the back deck!
It was another one of the fairly frequent times lately where I am so glad we moved up here. Just those hours we get to all spend as a family doing things - and things that I found harder to do with just Katie and I. I will try to post the video clip but I have never done one so not sure if it will work.

3 comments:

K said...

I think we actually have more snow than you. weird. We are suposed to be sunny and warm. That is what I love about winter is that it is easy to make family time.

Poetsch Family said...

Fun times, good memories. I had fun at the gym yesterday and the day before. Katie is being very good today by the way, no worries at all. She slept until 10 this morning.

Vicki said...

Looks like a lot of fun, sounds like it, too!