Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Getting Ready for Christmas

Hey everybody, hope you are all just about ready for Christmas too and the next few days wont be too crazy! We finished up shopping for the last few hard ones on our list today and then Katie and I spent an hour or so wrapping tonight. She insists on doing the gifts she bought herself but she is very good at wrapping so they actually look great. She has amazed me with her generosity this year though for gifts. Usually I let her buy for a few people and spend a few dollars of her own money, this year I helped her out with the cost and then let her buy for who and pretty much what she wanted! She picked out stuff for all her aunts and uncles, her grandparents and a few friends and she did it all herself. She knew certain peoples styles very well and was able to choose gifts for everyone and keep within the budget I gave her. If only I could do that!

Here are a few shots of a snowman that Katie and Rob built in the backyard yesterday - the snow was finaly good packing snow with the warm weather we've been having.













Here is a shot of Katie skating - we went to the rink in taylor last week - its great - did I already blog about this, it seems like deja vu? anyways - she loves skating and I had a blast too. I did pretty well if I do say so too for an old goat who hasnt been on the ice in 10 years! I can still do cross cuts and skate backwards! tried a walz jump ( the easiest one) - lets just say it wasnt the most gracefull thing on the ice that day! After a few laps with the bar she agreed to try just holding my hands and she was awesome!

The rest of the pics are a bit blurry so we will have to get more next time!

Well thats about it for now - all is well up here though, Rob has been off for a few days as his truck is acting up again but its in the shop today and hopefully will be fixed soon! The time with him has been great, the paycheck will suck, but thats January so I'll think about that later, lol! Katie said the other day "boy it sure is nice for Daddy that we're up here cause otherwise he would be really lonely today when he cant work". Daddy agreed .

1 comment:

K said...

Loved your post. The snowman is adorable! That is so nice to read about kids being generous and giving at Christmas because all too often it turns into the "ME" syndrome. Nice to hear your having some warmer weather over the holidays and that Rob can be home. Have a super Christmas.