Sunday, February 11, 2007

Our Town

I thought I'd post some pics of Fort st John for those of you who havent been here - well - everyone I guess! I didnt get any of downtown yet but here's a couple for you. This is our water tower... I still dont know what a water tower does, is it a resevoir like the lakes we have in the Okanagan? It just doesnt look big enough to actually supply the city with water. Its got such beautiful paintings all around it though and everyone tobogans down the hill all around it. It is in our neighborhood so we drive by it everyday on our way downtown.
This is the hospital where I work - it is renovated inside and is actually quite nice. The hospital foundation raises a phenomenal amount of money here so we have tons of new equipment too which is great. The ER is beautiful with a childrens room in the waiting room, a seperate triage room and glass all around the nursing station so you can see the waiting room (only nurses will know how important this is but Penticton staff are very frustrated with the layout there and would love this one!). The ICU is brand new and has the same monitor system as Penticton so it was great for me - less to learn!
This is a shot of one of the streets heading towards the community center but I took it to show the sun... I love that even though it is -20 and snowy, the sun is out. It just doesnt seem as depressing as those grey days of the Okanagan. I am sure glad I got good prescription sunglasses last year though cause it is hard to drive into it as there are no mountains so the sun is in your eyes until it goes down.
I will take some more if I can remember to take my camera out with me.

5 comments:

K said...

great pivtures. That is one thing we loved about the Alberta winters. It could be -20 but the sun was almost always shining and just made everything sparkle. It is really drab here right now. Grey. overcast. foggy. i do love the fog because it is like living in Scotland, but enough already! I would actually trade the cold and sun for the mild and grey.

K said...

ahh. I type way too fast. sorry-

Anonymous said...

Beautiful sunshine. More pics of the city. It's neat to get to see where you live. I wish I could see it on my own but for now pictures are really cool. Ashley

Heidi said...

I think PRH is getting a new triage room soon. It sure would be nice though to have a large influx of money to do some good quality upgrades. But hey, we did just get ALL the toilets in the hospital replaced. What more could we ask for?? I would love to see what your birthing rooms look like. Any chance for a picture?

Vicki said...

It's great that you love it there. Sounds like there's lots to do, too. AND most of all...you have one of the best people on the planet there with...Jolanda.