Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Baby Jack

My best friend Jacquie had her second child last week, a beautiful boy. They named him Jack after her dad who passed away several years ago and who was her hero. And for the ouch part: he was 10lbs, 11oz!!!! But all went well and she was home very soon after, that same day I do believe - they dont seem to keep them long at the coast, it amazed me with Emilie how soon she was sent home. Congratulations Jacquie - I cant wait to see him. Their oldest daughter Emilie is one of Katie's best friends and even though we only see them a few times a year the two girls play awesome. Jacquie and I have been friends since the 6th grade so it must be genetic that our daughters are so close! Emilie looks like a very proud big sister.
Just to keep you all up to date - our trip down may change by a few days as Rob might have to work a bit longer than planned but as soon as he is home to watch the dog Katie and I will be on our way to visit everyone!We are so excited and I know it will go by too fast. If Rob keeps busy for the spring we hope to be able to take at least few weeks off in the summer to camp and visit too - thats the plan at least!

3 comments:

K said...

Thanks for the comment Jen. your words were so encouraging about our choice of schooling. I went to a big meeting last night for home education and it was so encouraging. I think any parent, no matter HOW you school, should be involoved and positive when it comes to eduaction and know that education doesnt come in only one specific package.

That is great that you guys will be visiting and taking sme time off It sounds like Rob has been busy. Here's to spring and camping.

Poetsch Family said...

I can't believe how big her baby is.

Vicki said...

Ouch is right! Wel worth it, though. How big was her daughter at birth?