Friday, November 24, 2006

Our Furniture


I have been getting flack for not posting the pics of our house with our new furniture in it - so here they are!

This is katie's room - she has the nicest flooring and the best view too! Her closet is to the left of where she's standing and is pretty big with shelves on one side.

I traded her dressers as this one doesnt fit in our room - it was grandma's and is very nice.

Here is the family room - the sectional just barely fits but it is sooooo comfy so it has to stay!

The lights are on dimmers which makes it pretty cosy at night. We are using the coffee table as a tv stand until we can buy a new one as our old one was from 1970 something...

The living room looks really good now - the couches are awesome and I put up the pictures that I had framed originally for our bedroom in Penticton.

The black recliner was supposed to go in the family room with the sectional but it didnt fit - and we needed another chair in the living room, so... voila! I really like the bay window and used shannon's advice and pulled the couch away from the wall about a foot or two - Rob thinks I wont be able to rearrange with the layout ... you'd think he would know better after 12 years of living with me! I can rearrange anything lol!

The front entry is to the left of where I am standing to take this picture - there is a wall behind the black chair that separates it from the living room

The dining room set looks really good in the house and I love the big china cabinet - dont know where I had all the stuff before but it is full! too much stuff!

I am standing in the living room to take this shot - right infront of the black chair. there is an entrance to the kitchen from the dinning room on the right. I think the french doors will be nice in the summer, too damn cold to use them now!!!

Well, thats a few shots to give you an idea of the house with furniture - its pretty neat to have new stuff - we have wanted to go buy new things for a long time and it was great to be able to get it for the new house. It is feeling prett homey now and starting to get a bit organized... im sure it will take me a few months to get stuff where I want it all. As long as I can find most stuff I will survive.

Miss everyone, we are really happy up here - even though it was minus freaken 25 today... yup you read that right and that's without wind chill! needless to say we didnt stay out long, and my truck was running most of the afternoon - I am slowly getting used to that, but otherwise I dont know if if would start! Well gotta run, take care guys, talk to y'all soon

3 comments:

Poetsch Family said...

Your house looks really nice. I just checked the temp and it says it feels like -40 yikes. Lucky us.

Vicki said...

You must be thrilled! Congrats again on the new place!

K said...

Your house looks truly beautiful and cozy. And the flooring in Katie's room is awesome. I am in love with hardwood and laminate.. And the woodstove is awesome. So is it -25 up there or -40? ha. Just kidding. You and Jolanda are the new weather reporters for all of us who are bundled up down south.