Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Birthday Emily!



My beautiful niece is two today. She is the most incredible little girl - I had Emi for four days just before we moved to give Corey and Ashley a bit of a break (she is expecting again) and so we could spend time with her before we left. Wow, she is bright - can say abc's to the letter E, and sing "baa baa sheep"! Did I mention she's two? Just like my little sister, she is spirited and knows what she wants, why she wants it, how she wants it, when she wants it... you know the story! lol. We had a great time with her and really miss her. Katie loves to help look after her cousin Emi, and I was happy to get some pretty awsome pics of the two of them.

Ashley and Corey you guys have done an excellent job with your daughter, she is trully a nice little girl, and she's gorgeous too! I know its been trying at times because she is so strong willed but keep up the work, you are doing it right. I cant wait to meet the ambitious, confident and amazing woman you are raising. I am so glad for you guys to have been able to buy a house with a yard - the two weeks of waiting will seem like ages likely but then it will be great and Emi will love the yard and play set I know.

Can you believe this was almost two years ago? What adorable cousins.

Katie was so excited that Emily is getting old enough to actually play with her, they had such a good time, when they werent fighting... I couldnt believe that in only four days they got into the "sibbling" rivalry stuff - it was pretty funny, when it wasnt making me crazy!

Emi - happy birthday my love. I hope you have a very exciting year as a two year old. You are a great little girl and aunty loves you very much. Your cousin Katie misses you and cant wait to see you at Christmas.

ps. Ashley I havent been organized enough to get a present for her and get it sent but I would like to get her something special so I will bring something at Christmas. Kiss Emi for us

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jen, You made me cry. She is turning out to be incrediable, a bigger part of that than you know is because of you. I have moddeled my parenting from you so thank you for being such a great role moddel. Our girls sure are beautiful. Every once and a while I have to remind myself that Emily is Emi and not Katie. They look and act so much alike at times it just amazes me. Our family must have supper strong genes. I miss you guys and cant wait to see you at christmas. Big hugs and kisses for katie. Glad to hear all is well up there. Love you guys lots.

Poetsch Family said...

Happy Birthday Emily. Hope you have a fantastic Birthday.

Vicki said...

Happy Birthday to your niece!