Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Photo Shoot of Katie

I had been wanting to have some proffessional pictures taken of Katie for years but it was always one of those things on my list that I never got organized enough to do. I used to babysit for Stu Bish (a renoun okanagan photographer) and I always remember the stunning family pictures they had up all over the house and knew I wanted to have some of my family when I was older. So here I am, older, and figured I had better get on it before Katie was 20. Since David Szabo who did our wedding photos is very busy and booked up, not to mention costly, I decided to try to at least get some amature ones done for now. Ross has a friend he had been telling me about who wants to be a proffessional photographer and who Ross has helped on a few photo shoots, so we called and he was thrilled to do a session with Katie. Chris and Ross picked Katie and I up on Thursday before we left Penticton and we all drove down to OK falls to a few spots Chris had checked out for pictures. Well, let me just say I was pleasantly surprised... he is the most proffessional 18yr old I have ever met. He bought Katie some flowers to hold (which she was just tickled about and had to bring home to dry and save) and then with Ross' help took over 200 shots of her. He did alot with her looking away which is what I wanted and asked a few times if I had any special requests. He came up with almost all the poses and settings on his own and the scenery was amazing. Then he went home and spent 2 hours on his computer program editing and selecting the best shots for me. He gave me a cd with color and B&W of the best shots. They are amazing. He was so enthusiastic - it was great, thanked us and said over and over how much fun he was having. So enough bragging about this kid - here is some of his work.
Oh and his website is www.chrisschoenne.com


2 comments:

The Five said...

wow those are some beautiful pictures. He sure did a good job. katie is such a beautiful girl, hard not to get great pictures.

Vicki said...

She's a keeper...for sure!