Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Abbotsford


Heres some pictures from the Vancouver part of our trip. Katie and Emilie are 6 months apart and even though we only see them 4 - 5 times a year the two always play unbelievably well together. We arrived on Sunday afternoon and went to Castle fun park for Emilies 6th birthday party - its kinda like scandia in Kelowna - the kids played on the rides, did some bowling and air hockey. Its funny to see Katie in an arcade though - she doesnt like video games and really hasnt had much exposure to them so while the other kids were running around playing Katie was looking very lost and not at all impressed - "mommy I'm bored....theres nothing to do" she says in the middle of 1500 sq feet of arcade type games with at least 100 other kids from 5 - 12 yrs old. She did finally settle on air hockey and had a blast playing with one of the other girls.
On monday we went to Mill lake park and the girls played on the playground while Jacquie and I walked with the baby in the stoller. Its a cool park - there is a walking path all the way around the playground so moms can excersize while kids play. On Tuesday night Dwight offered to keep Emilie, Katie and baby Jack home with him while Jacquie and I went for coffee! It was great, we got to sit, sip coffee and yak like old times. They introduced a bottle right away for Jack so he takes it happily and Jacquie has alot more freedom - because she can leave and know that he can still be fed if he gets hungry. He is such an amazing baby - content like I have never seen, in three days I heard him cry once and it was only really a loud grunt. He is sleeping fairly well, 4 - 5 hours at night and naps lots too, although he likes to eat every 2 - 3 hours during the day. Its been great for Jacquie to be home with the kids and I know she's thinking of alternatives to returning to full time work once her Mat leave is up. Thanks for having us Jacquie, we had a great time.

1 comment:

K said...

again, sweet pictures. This baby and I have alot in common. i think we both get the same of sleep and eat in the same cycle. ha!

Thanks for your comments on my issue. I totally understand the need for mommy time. I guess I was more commenting one women I overheard complaining on and on about their kids and their lack of free time over spring break. I hope I didnt sound like I was bashing mom's who want to get away for an hour or so. I was more upset about the attitude of some moms. I appreciate your words. I think as a parent there willalways be a struggle when it come to what others think about our own choices. have a great day-