Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Spring is here!

Our snow has been melted for a few weeks now and the temperature consistanly above zero so I think its safe to say it is finally spring! There is some argument, however, that the season up here be renamed to "mud". I tell you this is the weirdest mud I have ever seen in my life, its like sticky quick sand, even more acurate its like that floam stuff but it weighs a ton! Yesterday we were in the backyard trying to level the hot tub pad as we have found a used one we are buying. After a few minutes of walking on the ground under the paving stones my shoes had grown by at least five sizes around and weighed several pounds each... who needs ankle weights to work out!

On the bright side, I am getting in gear for planting and am really excited about the greenhouse. Katie and I went out to the nursery last week armed with notepad and questions. We came home with a list of our future vegetable, fruit and herb garden needs which we are now working on. The greenhouse is just about empty of all our winter storage and we will buy containers and shelves this week. Hopefully by the weekend we can start planting. Katie is very excited as well and was very involved in picking out what we will plant.


I pulled the patio set out and put it up last week as well but I have a project for that as well, the deck is not big enough for that huge table set so I think we will build a small flagstone patio off the side of the deck, I have some cool ideas of course and just have to work up the courage to start digging in the mud again! lol.

2 comments:

K said...

Jen- that is too funny about the mud ankle weights. Glad it seems spring has arrived for you guys.

I wish I was garden smart and could plant our own garden, but I am a bit vegetationally challenged. Katie should enjoy working on that :)

Chris ;o) said...

Woohoo! Don't you just LOVE spring? So much to do!